A not-for-profit professional buying organisation owned by its Members, for its Members
LUPC - a member of Procurement England Ltd.
Higher Education Purchasing Consortium, Wales (HEPCW) has awarded a new agreement for Apple Equipment and Services.
The national agreement is open to Members of APUC, HEPCW, LUPC, NEUPC, NWUPC and SUPC and was awarded today (1 April 2016). HEPCW, and a tender working party comprised of consortia members, led the tender process and will continue to review its performance in collaboration with buyers and suppliers.
The agreement covers supply and support of devices running the OSX and iOS operating systems and related peripherals, software and the provision of value added services.
The re-tendered agreement includes a range of benefits for Members, including:
- Savings of up to 6.28% compared with the previous agreement pricing (lowest priced bid)
- Average savings of 1.26% compared with the previous agreement pricing
- Minimum 3-year warranty included in the price on all OSX and iOS devices
- Additional benefits and savings available for commitment and/or bulk purchases
- Volume-related discounts
- A range of value added services available
- Suppliers capable of integrating with institutional e-procurement solutions
- All suppliers appointed are currently providing goods and services to institutions via alternative HE sector framework agreements.
The new agreement also includes contract clauses developed for the consortia by Electronics Watch (EW) to protect labour rights for workers in the supply chain. The clauses require suppliers to disclose information on factory locations, comply with international labour standards, facilitate EW access to factories and commit to concrete steps towards improvement of working conditions at factory level.
Four Apple-product re-sellers are now approved suppliers to this agreement: Academia, Insight Direct, Stone Computers and XMA. Buyers have the option of ranking, desktop exercise or further competition as options for calling-off from the agreement.