The new IT Equipment Reuse Recycling and Disposal Framework (ITS3082 NW) is now available for LUPC members to access. The main aims of this NWUPC Led framework are to reduce waste volumes, optimise product utilisation and enable the re-purposing of redundant items for use by others in accordance with the principles of the waste hierarchy. Structured under one Lot, this framework is available to Members of NWUPC, HEPCW, LUPC, NEUPC and SUPC. The agreement will run from the 15th January 2022 until the 31st December 2023 with the option to extend for two further one-year periods until 31st December 2025, subject to satisfactory performance and the agreement of both parties.
Introductory webinar to the framework:
As part of the launch of the agreement, NWUPC’s Paula Lister will be hosting two introductory webinars covering what’s new on the framework, the benefits of using the framework and how you can get the most out of it. We will also have short introductions from each of the three suppliers who have been awarded. This is open to all LUPC Members so please feel free to forward the link on to any colleagues who may be interested.
When – Thursday 3rd February and Wednesday 9th March 2022 – 10am
Where – Online – you can register here.
What’s new on this framework?
Whilst the intention is for this framework to be ‘cost-neutral’ for Members, we have included an option for institutions to be able to go to mini-competition if they would prefer to use the service as a way of generating income, by recovering whatever residual value the market can withstand at the time. There is a tool that they can utilise to compare the offers that the suppliers put forward that will determine which offer is the best for them from an economic standpoint. They can choose to take this as cash, credit and/or donations to a named charity, or any other not for profit beneficiary.
For a full breakdown of how to use the framework please watch this interactive video. Please use the arrows to move through to the next section or click directly on the required section of the video.
What are the framework benefits?
- Maintain a free of charge service for IT equipment recycling, disposal and deployment, deskside, warehouse administrative and logistic capabilities if required.
- Provide access to IT Equipment disposal providers utilising NCSC approved data sanitisation software, maintaining GDPR compliance.
- Support Member Institutions in ensuring compliance with environmental policy and legislation
- Provide access to enhanced services such as on-site data destruction.
- Support institutions in generating revenue through the extraction of residual value from redundant assets through the express incorporation of fair market rebates (where achievable).
- Continue to incorporate the repurposing of a broader category of redundant and waste electronic equipment beyond IT assets.
- Promote the re-use, redeployment and recycling of redundant assets delivering economic, environmental and social benefits, with an emphasis on the higher tiers of the waste hierarchy.
Suppliers on this Framework:
- Stone Technologies Limited t/a Stone Group
- Rapid IT Recycling Limited
- Protech City Ltd
Further information on this agreement including supplier contact details can be found in a detailed User Guide which is available on HE Contracts.
For further questions or enquiries contact LUPC Senior Category Manager Mike Kilner.