We are currently seeking applications for the role of Deputy Director at LUPC. For more information, please read on.
Our friendly team of 13 staff is based in the heart of Central London, on Tottenham Court Road. The culture of LUPC is to be inclusive, progressive and supportive of our staff. Flexible working is encouraged and practised throughout the team.
Nature of Appointment
The post holder will be employed by LUPC Ltd with the role based in Central London.
Terms and Conditions
Starting salary will be £65-70,000 on appointment, reviewed annually in line with UCEA cost of living increases, as well as an annual bonus scheme, which is subject to the approval of the Board. There are 30 days of annual leave plus 5 - 7 additional days around the Easter and Christmas breaks. There is access to the SAUL defined contribution scheme. Season Ticket loans are available following successful completion of the three-month probation period.
You should submit a cover letter outlining how you feel you meet the requirements and why you are interested in the role along with your CV to the Director, Don Bowman by the end of the day on 17 February 2022.
Shortlisting will take place and it is anticipated that a maximum of five candidates will be invited to interview, which will take place in Central London on 1 March 2022.
Reporting to the Director, in summary the postholder will:
- Deliver a high quality procurement service to meet the needs of its member institutions;
- Develop, manage and execute plans to deliver best value procurement for the consortium membership (collectively and individually) in the context of the Corporate Strategy;
- Make a significant contribution to the LUPC’s continuing growth and market reputation (supplier and customer);
- Lead and develop our team of procurement professionals as well as our Responsible Procurement Lead;
- Act as champion of responsible procurement for the Consortium, implementing LUPC’s Sustainable Procurement Policy and Strategy;
- Participate fully in the national Joint Contracting Group to develop category strategies and contracting plans with UKUPC (UK Universities Purchasing Consortia);
- Develop and maintain key relationships with our members and other appropriate external bodies (including those at regional, national and sector level), organisations and suppliers within and outside the public sector; and
- Deputise for the Director when required.
Further information can be found in the Job Description.
For more details and an informal discussion, please contact Don Bowman.