LUPC is a great place to work. We value people, learning, professionalism and happiness. We realise that every member of our team brings something different to the “party” and we pride ourselves on a culture and environment where people are able to do that.
Due to demand from our members, we have an exciting new vacancy for an experienced and enthusiastic Procurement Manager, with an initial focus on the delivery of ad hoc procurement requirements for our members.
Through this process we hope to recruit our ideal candidate; someone friendly, who will be able to demonstrate their experience in procurement and contract management. In this particular role a good understanding of running further competitions and call offs from framework agreements is required, as you will be doing this for our members.
This person will be expected to:
- Lead procurement activities as required by our members, from large procurement projects to operational tasks
- Develop specifications and tender evaluation mechanisms
- Have a good understanding of public procurement rules
- Develop effective relationships with our members, suppliers, consortia and sector bodies through proactive and confident networking
- Have experience of working in a collaborative procurement environment supporting and influencing a wide range of stakeholders
- Recognise commercial opportunities.
In return, we offer a challenging, but kind and supportive environment. For your time, we provide a competitive salary, a generous holiday entitlement (30 days plus bank holidays, plus additional University days), and access to an excellent pension scheme.
Some home working will be accommodated, but travel to our members’ sites and our Tottenham Court Road office will be required.
What else do you need to know:
- Download the Job Specification
- What is the salary? £60,000pa – Fixed term contract for 6 months
- Got any questions? Or want an informal chat? Call our Director, Don Bowman on 07931 862275
- How to apply? Send your CV and a covering letter to: Don Bowman
- Closing Date:2 December 2022
- Single stage interviews: In Person, London tba